Community Outreach Ideas
Consider the opportunities to let others know about your Peace Corps experience:
- Organize a brown bag lunch at your workplace, offering traditional snacks from the country where you or your family member served
- Set up a display at your local library, featuring crafts, pictures, words from the local language, and traditional clothing and music
- Visit a school in your neighborhood and teach the students how to make a craft that is unique to your country of service
- Team up with fellow RPCVs in your area and put together a presentation at a community center representing many different Peace Corps countries and experiences
- Encourage your local newspaper to run a story about your Peace Corps experiences or to publish a letter to the editor about Peace Corps service
- Contact your local RPCV group or look online to find youth, faith-based, retirement, special interest groups and clubs, and professional associations in your area.
Sample Outreach Ideas
- Karen Unger shared her Peace Corps experience with a youth group
- Juanita Limas gave Peace Corps presentations at a local high school, university, and at a local radio station
- Riley Graebner and Vivian Nguyen present tech savvy ways to upgrade your Peace Corps Week presentation
- Liz McEntee explains that presentations are easier than you think
Last updated Jan 22 2014
Register Your Participation
Help the Peace Corps demonstrate the impact of the Third Goal.
Registrants will receive a FREE Third Goal Kit to supplement your event or activity.
For more information about Third Goal activities, please contact:
Peace Corps Office of Third Goal and Returned Volunteer Services
1111 20th St. NW
Washington, DC 20526