Coverdell Fellows Scholarship
The Catholic University of America
April 15, 2014
Washington, District of Columbia
- The Catholic University of America is located in Washington, D.C.; home to hundreds of nonprofit and international organizations that address local, national and global needs.
About the Award
This partial tuition scholarship is offered to exceptional RPCVs with a compelling statement of purpose and work history matched with strong academic potential.
While at CUA, Coverdell Fellows will complete an Applied Research Project (ARP) taking the cross-cultural and project management skills they developed in the Peace Corps to the next level; producing evaluations, policy analyses and recommendations that allow organizations to overcome challenges faced in achieving sustainable development. All Coverdell Fellows will present their ARP thesis to the IEDM faculty and board members. CUA will support the organizational matching process and development of the student’s ARP.
- Successfully completed their two years of service.
- GRE requirements of (minimum): 153 score on verbal, 144 quantitative, and 4 analytical.
- Must meet the other general requirements for admission of a finished application.
- While enrolled, Coverdell Fellows must maintain a B+ average.
50% of Tuition ($20,800)
For more information and to apply, visit https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/ApplicantLogin.asp?id=cuagrad and complete the CUA Application form which includes a statement of purpose, three letters of recommendation, general aptitude scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), and transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate course work.
Three prerequisite courses are required for entry to the program:
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Statistical Analysis or Statistics for Business and Economics
The Office of Third Goal and Returned Volunteer Services offers a wide range of career and transition support services for returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs):
Check out our full Calendar of Career Events
Watch recorded webinars about various career transition topics
Update Your Records
Share your current contact information so we know where to reach you
Third Goal Resources
Request resources for your Third Goal activities