L'Arche Greater Washington, DC
May 31, 2013
Washington, District of Columbia
- Our homes are located in Washington, DC (Adams Morgan neighborhood,) and in South Arlington, VA.
- Most of the roles we have available are live-in and include room and board.
- In L’Arche, people with and without intellectual disabilities live together in family-like homes located in DC and Arlington, VA. We are seeking caring assistants to work, pray, and share life in our ecumenical Christian community.
- Assistants provide individualized personal supports and direct care to "core people," (the people with intellectual disabilities).
- Assistants are responsible for the running of the home, for advocating for the core people, and for sharing in the daily life, laughter, and prayer.
- Assistants are supported in their own personal growth as they care for - and are cared for by - the core people.
- Mature, caring people who are interested in forming deep relationships with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Must have strong written and spoken communication skills, and be able to drive.
Part-time; Full-time; Entry level
Stipend, room & board, health and dental insurance