Senior Financial Management Specialist
May 4, 2014
Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is currently seeking experienced Senior Financial Management Specialist for an anticipated Millennium Challenge Corporation funded Program in Ghana. The implementation period of the Program will be for five-years. Millennium Development Authority (MiDA) is an accountable entity responsible for the implementation of the Ghana Compact.
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) provides U.S. government grant assistance to countries that demonstrate a commitment to investing in their people, ruling justly and promoting economic freedom. Eligible countries develop Compacts with MCC to reduce poverty by supporting sustainable, transformative economic growth. The Government of Ghana (GOG) has submitted a proposal to MCC that, pending the successful outcome of diligence and availability of funds, would result in a Compact between the GOG and MCC pursuant to which MCC would provide a five-year, multimillion dollar poverty reduction grant (a "Compact").
The Senior Financial Management Specialist will carry out the day- to-day financial and accounting activities in cooperation with the Fiscal Agent Team under the supervision of the Fiscal Agent Manager.
- Assists in the financial management of MCC Funding to implement the Program efficiently and effectively.
- Prepares budgets, plans, manuals, reports, and certifications.
- Monitors all Program commitments, budgets and plans on a daily basis throughout the life of the Program.
- Assists in setup of the pre-selected automated budgeting and accounting system, and maintains and monitors these systems on daily basis to ensure that recorded financial data is maintained correctly.
- Assists in creating and implementing report and control mechanisms such as chart of accounts, reporting templates and an internal controls mechanism.
- Drafts reports as required; including monthly, quarterly, and half-yearly financial reports.
- Provides ongoing technical assistance to the Program on financial matters; including reviewing contracts related to procurement of goods, infrastructure works and services.
- Reviews payment requests and fixed assets register, prepares funds reconciliation, and manages all activities related to payroll.
- Supervises cash management activities, including disbursements.
- Monitors Program activities for compliance with local tax laws, international accounting standards, and conditions of the grant and implementation agreement.
- Works with MiDA to provide cooperation and support for the duration of the implementation.
- Protects the financial management activity from fraud, waste and abuse.
- B.A./B.S. in business, economics, finance, accounting, public administration, or related fields.
- Certifications of Accounting such as ACCA, CA or CPA; or Master's degree in Finance in lieu of certifications.
- Minimum 8-years of experience in accounting, budgeting, auditing, financial management and reporting.
- Previous experience working with an automated budgeting and accounting system.
- Knowledge and experience in project-based accounting, financial management and contract management.
- Strong skills in payment operations, funds control, cash and commitment management, internal controls and international accounting standards.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with high-level of government officials preferred.
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Competency in local tax laws and compliance regulations preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Previous experience in a developing country context is required; previous experience in West Africa, specifically Ghana, is preferred.
- Existing work authorization or the ability to obtain work authorization is required.
Mid level; Internationally based
To apply to this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA and local labor law as applicable. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.