Finance and Administration Officer
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
April 1, 2014
- Miami, Florida.
Managing regional financial and budgeting support:
- Manages regional office finances: paying bills; bookkeeping; managing vendors.
- Prepares monthly regional office expense reports and reconciliations.
- Prepares and tracks regional office budgets.
- Monitors monthly drilldown reports from Finance/NY to synchronize tracking.
- Assists in preparing travel budgets; tracks travel expenses per regional requirements.
- Reviews and codes regional staff travel expense reports.
- Tracks subgrant expenditures and donor-related information; creates improvements to systems for donor and grants tracking.
- Creates regular budget reports for directors.
- Reconciles subgrant and travel tracking with NY as necessary.
- Manages disbursement request scheduling for projects.
- Responds to financial and grant expenditure-related inquiries and/or requests, and creation of donor reports.
- Provides analysis of partner financial reports, as requested.
- Works closely with project staff to resolve and follow up on grant/financial issues.
- Prepares and maintains internal documents to support financial reports; monitors spending performance, ensures that financial reports are accurate and timely.
Managing regional office administrative support:
- Supervises Program and Administrative Associate.
- Provides logistical and technical support to Latin America staff for financial and administrative issues (equipment purchases, etc.).
- Provides logistical support for regional events and visits, including travel arrangements.
- Supports volunteers/interns, including recruitment and management.
- Creates tracking systems for projects and finances (start dates, PF schedules, disbursements, donor reporting, etc.).
- Provides additional support functions to office staff, as needed including: photocopying/scanning; e-filing; answering phones; and other tasks.
- Produces administrative information for headquarters (travel insurance log, facilities, etc.).
- Assists with other activities, as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. or related number of years' experience, in nonprofit financial management, business administration, or related field required.
Two years' in non-profit administrative support and grants management.
Supervisory experience preferred.
Experience in international development, preferably in reproductive health or public health, and with exposure to Latin America.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Excellent quantitative skills, detail-oriented, and ability to manage multiple systems and donor demands.
- Self-directed; able to anticipate, prioritize, and manage tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Must be able to represent PPFA in a culturally competent manner.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills, in addition to ability to work autonomously, using good decision making and computer skills. Knowledge of reproductive health issues, specifically in developing countries, is preferred.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
- Responsible for performing activities directly related to regional office program support.
- Participates in setting own objectives and priorities and follows through in accordance with established procedures.
- Recommends changes to improve work systems or procedures.
- Responsible for assuring that the regional office and the assigned projects utilize PPFA resources appropriately and monitors projects financial reporting.
- Monitors expenses and revenues for assigned activities to assure compliance with donor requirements.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.plannedparenthood.org/.