U.S. Social Security Administration
March 21, 2014
- Position available in Aurora, Colorado.
- Takes responsibility for providing direct service to the public.
- Determines the nature of a visit/call and analyzes relevant facts to resolve problems.
- Screens for benefit eligibility, interpreting correspondence, and explaining benefit amounts.
- Interviews the public to process Social Security Numbers and Representative payee applications and accountings.
- Takes responsibility for timely input of reports of change for people already receiving a Social Security or SSI benefit.
- Understands and explains the technical provisions of the Retirement, Survivor, Medicare, Disability, and Supplemental Security Income benefits.
- Current noncompetitive eligibility status.
- Good written and oral communication and people skills.
- Independent analysis and problem solving using policies, procedure, laws, and regulations. Public Contact representatives receive extensive training and mentoring in the areas of Social Security programs and state laws.
- Bilingual Skills are also helpful.
$34,000 - $42,000
For more information and to apply, email Tanya.Harrington@ssa.gov.