April 14, 2014
Washington, District of Columbia
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in 12 countries and permanent staff working on the ground in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Department of State (DOS), and the Gates Foundation.
The Program Associate will provide general administrative and back-stopping support for existing monitoring and evaluation programs in order to ensure successful completion of programmatic and administrative deliverables in a timely, organized, efficient and accurate manner for the Project Coordinator position. This position is based in Washington, DC.
- On a day to day basis, provides project administration and backstopping support for assigned, international development projects.
- Serves as the main point-of-contact for all project-related administrative inquiries, coordinating responses to inquiries, and disseminating accurate information in relation to inquiries.
- Assists in the review of contracts and subcontracts for compliance including reports, and coordination of contract modifications, extensions, and add-ons.
- Assists in the development of project budgets, subcontractor budgets, and closely monitors project pipelines.
- Assists in the resolution of contract related billing issues.
- Takes responsibility for coordination of travel arrangements, processes travel vouchers, arranges for visas/passports and hotel bookings as well as other requirements as necessary.
- Processes project documents through the approval process, including Independent Consultant Agreements, Travel Vouchers, and Check Requests.
- On a monthly basis, reviews client and supplier invoices for accuracy.
- Provides support for project start-up and close-down activities.
- Assists in the recruitment of consultants for short term technical assistance requests and coordination of consultant agreement processes.
- As needed, provides technical research assistance for projects or proposals.
- Supports tracking of project expenditures and profitability.
- Facilitates program management coverage when project manager is out of office.
- Assists in troubleshooting project related issues and work with the programs team to present innovative solutions to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. in international affairs, business, or related field.
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office; advanced proficiency in Excel required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Fluency in English is required; bilingual or multilingual ability in French or Spanish is preferred.
- Minimum of two or more years' demonstrated, related professional work experience required; preferably in the international development sector.
- Related experience working within a team based environment supporting multiple projects in progress desired.
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest in monitoring and evaluation, including data collection, evaluation surveys and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge, experience, or interest in working collaboratively with Information Technology contractors.
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being determined and thorough, which is inherent in this position.
For more information and to apply, email your CV to email@example.com. Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line.
Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.