Assistant Country Director for Programs
March 31, 2014
CARE is seeking an Assistant Country Director for Programs (ACD-P) based in Amman Jordan. The ACD-P provides strategic leadership and direction for Country Office (CO) programs; both development and emergency. As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), s/he is also expected to actively contribute to the overall governance of the country office, and delivery of its strategic and annual operating plan.
- Takes responsibility to ensure that program work is integrated and well-coordinated, and that program quality issues, program impact and measurement, and program development are in line with CARE Jordan vision, goals, and program principles, standards, and approaches.
- Takes responsibility for the quality and effectiveness of CARE’s emergency response within his/her designated are of responsibility.
- Acts as the leader of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), responsible and accountable for developing, coordinating, and managing all emergency activities.
- Has overall responsibility for the security and well-being of the ERT staff.
- Strengthens the CO’s overall capacity to be prepared and respond to emergencies in accordance with accepted principles and practices, as well as strategically integrate emergency programming within the overall program approach.
- Contributes to strengthening the integration of program support with program. This will be done through structured and systematic capacity building of program staff to address operational weaknesses; using existing resources and tailored to the specific staffing needs.
- Rolls out training and capacity building in all aspects of administrative and resource management. The combination of an effective and compliant program support team working side by side with an operationally strong and technically able programmatic team will ensure more effective and deepened program impact.
- Fosters a values-based organizational culture and ensuring good internal controls.
- Advanced management skills.
- Program and program quality expertise.
- Strong emergency preparedness and response capacities.
- Excellent team building and people coaching skills.
- Extensive experience and in-depth understanding of administrative support processes and compliance requirements.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of CARE's programmatic needs and concerns for ensuring effective administrative support.
Full-time; Internationally based
For more information and to apply, visit https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=2207.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.