Senior Director of Learning Technologies
March 10, 2014
Washington, District of Columbia
- Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 70 projects in 35 countries and total revenues of approximately $173 million.
We are seeking a D.C.-based Senior Director of Learning Technologies to provide leadership in learning development as it relates to knowledge-based technical needs.
- Consults with internal staff working on training and capacity-building to identify appropriate learning technologies to meet their training and learning capture needs.
- Manages the learning management system (LMS).
- Leads efforts to implement the LMS worldwide.
- Develops online tools and courses and adopting current technologies to accomplish strategic learning goals.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, learning technology, or other related field is required.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in design and delivery of training and five years' experience managing technical learning needs, including managing a learning management system is required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of internal consulting to analyze performance needs and propose solutions, the instructional design process, current learning technologies, multimedia applications, and e-learning design.
- Finalists will be required to submit a sample of courses, tools or technical solutions they have created.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
- Should have the ability to communicate and work effectively with people from other cultures.
- Occasional overseas travel is required.
Advanced Degree Required; Full-time
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.acdivoca.org/jobs or mail your resume, cover letter, and salary history to:
50 F Street NW
Washington, D.C., 20001
No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. EOE/AA.