Senior, Executive, Associate Directors
January 21, 2014
Founded in 1947, CCS is dedicated to advancing non-profit organizations through philanthropic growth. For more than six decades, CCS has played a vital role in the expansion and empowerment of the non-profit sector. Headquartered in New York with seven regional offices, the company's projects span the globe in cities and towns throughout North and South America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Continental Europe, Africa and Asia.
CCS's signature service is the design and implementation of major capital, endowment, and comprehensive campaigns with additional focus on feasibility and strategic planning studies, Board development, prospect research and analytics, and professional development training programs. CCS provides fundraising counsel and campaign management services to the most recognizable brands in philanthropy, serving more than 300 organizations a year. We have counseled leading academic institutions, national and international charities, medical centers, religious bodies, civic and human service organizations, and cultural institutions in pioneering fundraising efforts. CCS fundraising goals under consulting and management total more than $5 billion.
Location: Regional Opportunities throughout the United States (New England; Mid Atlantic; Southeast; Midwest; West)
Our consultants are a vital part of CCS's core consulting strength, providing fundraising services, and working collaboratively with CCS executives and client leaders to identify, design, and implement successful fundraising efforts. Each consultant's responsibilities will vary from project to project depending on the needs of our clients, providing exposure to many different opportunities for professional growth and development. Sample projects may include:
- Conduct qualitative research and analysis of our clients through review of fundraising performance, peer benchmarking and interviews with organization's executives, volunteer leaders and donors.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic fundraising issues for clients.
- Develop work plans and materials for campaign planning studies and development assessments.
- Prepare fundraising campaign materials, including strategic plans, operating materials, case statements, and major gift proposals.
- Develop campaign plans and design campaign strategies.
- Conduct in-depth prospect research.
- Craft individual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Preparing clear and compelling presentation materials.
- Generate creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations.
- Write and deliver high-impact presentations and plans.
Our more experienced consultants typically develop independent work plans, perform data-driven analysis and take ownership for significant portions of client projects.
CCS invests heavily in the training and development of its employees. While most of the training is on the job, all consultants attend formalized training throughout their time with CCS, starting with an extensive in-the-office program.
The firm seeks talented professionals with fundraising experience as well as those with transferable consulting, communications, marketing, and strategic planning experience to join our dynamic team.
Other qualifications include:
- Philanthropic values and a commitment to service.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense demonstrated in either a professional or academic environment.
- Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on leadership roles.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency.
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence.
Our consultants' report that the best aspects of working for CCS are the diversity of projects, relationships with leading non-profits and philanthropists, and performance based career paths. CCS offers competitive benefits, a dynamic training program, resources, career advancement, mentoring, and networking opportunities. Outstanding candidates bring a diverse background, an interest in philanthropy, and ambition to succeed in a rewarding career.
As a leader in the philanthropic community, CCS represents organizations from a full spectrum of cultures and non-profit sectors. Our firm is committed to ensuring that our employees are culturally competent and capable of providing counsel of the highest caliber. CCS maintains a collegial environment respecting and celebrating the variety of life experiences each employee brings to the firm, providing internal cultural awareness programs, and encouraging professionals of all backgrounds to consider opportunities in philanthropy. CCS also seeks to build partnerships with organizations that recognize the importance of promoting greater diversity within the philanthropic arena.
CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary commensurate with experience.
For more information and to apply, visit www.ccsfundraising.com/careers.