Crown Agents USA
January 9, 2014
- Provides support to the Botswana Central Medical Stores, the Logistics Management Unit (LMU), and the MOH for the forecasting, supply planning, procurement, management, and distribution of HIV/AIDS related commodities as well as essential medicines to all sites.
- In collaboration with the MOH Pharmaceutical Services Division, the MOH HIV/AIDS Unit, and CMS/LMU, monitors the functioning of the ART and Medicines Commodity Logistics System, ensuring that stock outs and overstocks at the ART sites and other health facilities are avoided or kept to the minimum.
- In collaboration with MOH, CMS/LMU and procurement unit as well as other stakeholders, monitors in-country pipelines, supply plans, and stock status at CMS and treatment facilities so as to avoid stock outs and overstock at all levels of the ART and medicines supply chain to ensure that adequate levels of all required commodities are maintained at treatment facilities and CMS.
- In collaboration with MOH, CMS and other stakeholders sets up and operates an ART and Essential Medicines Commodity Tracking System in Botswana.
- In collaboration with relevant partners supports the operations of the logistics management unit to obtain and analyze data on ART commodities and Essential Medicines from all health facilities reporting LMIS data.
- Supports the analysis of data generated from the LMIS reports for understanding of performance of Botswana’s logistics system for HIV/AIDS commodities, and provides analysis to stakeholders to guide the supply chain management decision making for the affected commodities.
- Provides technical assistance in forecasting and quantification of ARVs and other HIV/AIDS related commodities as well as essential medicines and in the preparation of procurement and supply plans.
- Provides technical assistance in the vetting of orders for ARVs and other HIV/AIDS related commodities as well as essential medicines to support the distribution process for these commodities to facilities.
- In consultation with the Logistics Management Unit Head identifies the need for specialized logistics technical assistance from SCMS and supports the coordination of this assistance when provided.
- Conducts on-the-job trainings and other logistics training workshops for MOH, Health facilities, and cooperating agency staff in order to improve forecasting, storage and distribution, data management, and inventory control.
- Monitors the national pipeline for all ARVs and other HIV/AIDS related commodities as well as essential medicines and provide support in the maintenance of these pipelines.
- Coordinates closely with all donor organizations and other stakeholders to ensure rational and timely procurement of HIV/AIDS-related commodities.
- Regularly briefs the LMU head on developments in and activities concerning the logistics system for HIV/AIDS commodities.
- Provides support to U.S. government supported HIV/AIDS projects, as necessary.
- Maintains close working relations with all USG-funded HIV/AIDS cooperating agencies.
- B.A./B.S. in medical or clinical laboratory technology, public health, public administration, business administration, logistics or a related field required; Master’s Degree in a related field desired.
- Minimum three years' proven working experience in supervision of HIV/AIDS commodity logistics management and Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management operations.
- Minimum three years' developing country work experience, particularly under U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and/or Centers for Disease Control (CDC) funding.
- Demonstrated work history representing, liaising, and collaborating with government, private, and non-governmental organizations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English required including excellent reporting and writing and communication skills in English.
- Training in logistics management will be an added advantage.
- Work experience in Botswana preferred.
- Experience with ARV and Essential Medicines forecasting, quantification, procurement, dispensing, warehousing and distribution required for the prevention, treatment and monitoring of the following: HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, STIs and essential medicines.
- Significant work experience in HIV/AIDS programs, health commodity logistics, and/or supply chain strengthening preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze business processes, information systems, organizational policies, and human resources to determine weaknesses in processes and propose changes.
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being resourceful and flexible, which is inherent in this position.
For more information and to apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line.
Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company.
No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA and local labor law as applicable. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.