New York City Teaching Fellows
January 27, 2014
New York City, New York
The NYC Teaching Fellows program is preparing a critical mass of exceptional teachers committed to a better future for the NYC students. Our teachers go where they are needed the most – they teach in urban neighborhoods, where too many children have fallen behind and are struggling to catch up.
Fellows who successfully complete our program become full-time teachers within a few months of enrolling. They participate in an innovative, practice-based summer training program and then earn a subsidized master's degree in education while teaching in a New York City public school. Fellows for our 2014 program will train to teach critical need subject areas which may include math, science, and special education.
We look for high-achieving graduates who want to share their passion for their subject area with NYC students. Whatever your background, we look for those who believe that every student can achieve at a high level and will do whatever it takes to help them get there. Strong applicants:
- Crave feedback and strive to be the best they can be at any challenge they undertake.
- Think on their feet and can quickly devise solutions to unexpected challenges.
- Want to work hard and have fun, will bring passion and joy to their classrooms, and will inspire achievement and a real love of learning.
- No prior teaching experience or education coursework is necessary.
Full-time; Entry level
$45,530 – $55,780
For more information and to apply, visit https://nyctf.TeacherTrack2.org/r/f1bb314e-ec13-4bfa-8af5-a2300104a28b.
The Fellowship is now accepting online applications for the June 2014 program. Apply by one of the following deadlines:
- September 23 (Priority Deadline)
- October 15
- November 4
- November 25
- December 16 (Spring Classroom Apprenticeship Deadline)
- January 6
- January 27 (Final Deadline)