Organic Farm Internship
Sky View Farm
March 4, 2014
We have a lovely organic farm that sits on 20 acres in Northwest Montana. Arlee is a 30 minute drive to the bustling and progressive college town, Missoula. Housing for interns is rustic, a tipi structure serves as your home with a bathhouse nearby. All meals are shared in the farm house with us.
- Internship is available from May 2014 through September or October 2014.
- Interns will assist in all aspects of the farm, from pruning, weeding, planting, irrigating and harvesting. Our last intern was a RPCV from Mali. His easy-going, kid-loving, low-maintenance attitude fit in well with our farm.
- You will be able to further your knowledge of agricultural practices through your work here.
- Farm experience helpful but not necessary.
- Must be able to work 8-10 hours a day in hot or cold weather and lift up to 40 lbs. (Stipend is paid for a five-day work week. You have the weekends off to enjoy western Montana.
- Must love young children, we have two
- Hard working with an easy going attitude is necessary. The days can be monotonous and long but physically rewarding.
- The ability to take instruction and work alone is crucial. We are not always able to join our intern in the field.
- Must not be afraid of bugs, bees or getting dirty.
- A love of raspberries is helpful, as is a passion for local, organic agriculture.
Full-time; Temporary; Entry level
$125/ week plus room and board
Please send a letter of interest, a short résumé, and three references to email@example.com.