Crown Agents USA
December 19, 2013
Washington, District of Columbia
The Project Coordinator provides administrative backstopping support for multiple projects in progress, including Guatemala PRS. In conjunction with food security team members, the Project Coordinator is responsible for ensuring successful completion of programmatic deliverables in a timely, organized, efficient and accurate manner. The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager of Food Security and is located in the Washington, DC office.
- On a day to day basis, provides project administration and backstopping support for assigned, international development projects.
- Serves as CA-USA’s point-of-contact for all project-related administrative inquiries, coordinating responses to inquiries and disseminating accurate information in relation to inquiries.
- Assists in the review of contracts and subcontracts for compliance including reports, coordination of contract modifications, extensions, and add-ons.
- Supports the development of project budgets, subcontractor budgets, and closely monitors project pipelines.
- Assists in the resolution of contract related billing issues.
- Takes responsibility for coordination of travel arrangements, processes travel vouchers, arranges for visas/passports and hotel bookings as well as other requirements as necessary.
- Processes project documents through the approval process, including Independent Consultant Agreements, Travel Vouchers, and Check Requests.
- On a monthly basis, reviews client and supplier invoices for accuracy.
- Provides support for project start-up and close-down activities.
- Assists in the recruitment of candidates for short-term technical assistance requests; on an as needed basis, assists with recruiting activities for proposals.
- As requested, provides technical research assistance for projects or proposals.
- Supports tracking of project expenditures and profitability.
- Supports preparation of CA-USA monthly income forecasts.
- Assists in developing drafts of financial and periodic project performance reports according to company and client standards.
- Facilitates program management coverage when Project Manager is out of the office.
- Assists in troubleshooting project related issues and work with Project Manager to present innovative solutions to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. in business, international affairs, or a related field required.
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office; advanced proficiency in Excel required.
- Basic understanding of finance, budgeting and income forecasting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Above average time management skills including ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team based environment.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English including above average proficiency in writing, reading, and speaking is required.
- Minimum two years' demonstrated, related professional work experience required; preferably in the international development sector.
- Prior experience working within a team-based environment providing backstopping support for multiple projects in progress desired.
- Understanding of donor-funded projects gained through demonstrated work history including USAID, MCC, World Bank, and/or Department of State preferred.
- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being determined and thorough, which is inherent in this position.
For more information and to apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line.
Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company.
No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.