Quaternary Geologist (100%) - WGHNS
University of Wisconsin-Extension
December 17, 2013
Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey (WGNHS)
3817 Mineral Point Road, Madison, Wisconsin 53705
The WGNHS has a long history of performing fundamental and applied research in Quaternary geology. As part of this program, this faculty position:
- Focuses on the Quaternary deposits of Wisconsin.
- Conducts research in glacial geology, paleoecology, paleoclimatology, and/or geomorphology through field-based investigations.
- Works in cooperation with other WGNHS staff and University personnel, and collaborates with local, state, and federal agencies that have interests in geology, geophysics, hydrogeology, and mineral resources.
- Master’s degree in geology (or a closely related field) with a focus on Quaternary geology/surficial processes.
- Minimum of four years' relevant professional experience beyond degree.
- Demonstrated training in one or more of the following fields: glacial geology, paleoecology, paleoclimatology and/or geomorphology.
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to field-based investigations.
- Experience with database software, spreadsheets, and graphic analysis/GIS applications.
- Ability to teach, present, and otherwise communicate ideas effectively, including oral presentations, in writing, and through educational technology to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively interact with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
Advanced Degree Required
$56,000 - $60,000
For more information and to apply, submit application materials to Cooperative Extension Human Resource Development Office online using the URLs below. Once you are in the Candidate Gateway, please make sure to click on the Advanced Search link and enter 9242 into the Job Opening ID field.
a. Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs). To do so, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser. External applicants can also view the FAQs after accessing the online system by clicking on the "Help" link in the upper right corner. https://helpdesk.wisc.edu/images/group61/21900/TAMFAQ_CandidateGateway.pdf.
b. If you are applying as an applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?SiteId=31.
c. If you are applying as a current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://www.hrs.wisconsin.edu/psc/hrs-fd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_EMP.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_HM_POST&Action=U&HRS_PERSON_ID=100374.