Procurement Agent Manager/Team Leader
Crown Agents USA
December 31, 2013
- Provides technical leadership and manages the general day-to-day activities of the in-country team and project office.
- Serves as chief liaison with the MCA-Ghana and other stakeholders regarding activities to be undertaken under the assignment.
- Coordinates all activities and information/ feedback with MCA-Ghana and other stakeholder ministries:
(a) Standards and timetable for the preparation of work programs/procurement plan and bi-annual review of these.
(b) Review of work programs/procurement plan.
(c) Format and schedule of project reporting in accordance with MCA-Ghana and MCC procedures and approvals.
- Develops the Procurement Operations Manual and suite of standard bidding documents in accordance with MCC Program Procurement Guidelines, the Compact and any Supplemental Agreements; and introduces MCA-Ghana staff to these documents.
- Manages the procurement of goods, services and civil works, in a transparent and ethical manner, in accordance with MCC Procurement Guidelines, including inter alia:
(a) Preparation of advertisements and organization of procurement arrangements.
(b) Preparation of all procurement documents e.g. bidding documents/request for proposals.
(c) Bid Evaluation Reports.
(d) Notification of award.
(e) Contract management.
(f) Arranging inspection, etc.
- Coordinates with Home Office Project Manager to secure short-term technical assistance as required to supplement activities of in-country team.
- Minimum of 10 years' professional procurement experience is required.
- B.A./B.S. in procurement, logistics, business, law, economics, finance, public administration, or a related field is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven leadership qualities and experience as a Team Leader or Chief of Party is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international best practices in procurement procedures, project administration, contract procedures, and project follow-up.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in working with high level government officials and business executives.
- Extensive experience in procurement of goods and services, including designing and preparing solicitations and proposals, FIDIC Procurement, monitoring contract performance, and ensuring compliance strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working on U.S. Government, MCC, and/or World Bank-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Previous experience in a developing country context is required; previous experience in West Africa is preferred.
For more information and to apply, email your CV to email@example.com.
Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line.
Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company.
No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA and local labor law as applicable. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.