Various Volunteer Opportunities with Solar Cooking Organization - Researcher, Technician, Social Media Developer, IT Specialist, Fund Raiser, Instructor
Solar Household Energy, Inc (SHE)
Chevy Chase, Maryland
- SHE is based in the Greater D.C. Metro area but much of the work can be undertaken remotely.
- Solar Household Energy, Inc (SHE) are committed to minimizing damage to the environment through promoting use of solar cooking worldwide. Volunteers are integral to this work.
- Researches and collates information on solar cooking related topics and present the results in short, concise papers.
- Advances technical aspects of solar cooking development and promotion.
- Investigates materials which do not conduct heat, plastics invulnerable to UV light, and simplification of solar cooker design.
Social Media Developer:
- Raises SHE profile and explores potential for publicity and persuasion using social media.
- Enhances capacity of SHE in the use of social media.
- Maintains our web site and Facebook page.
- Advises on or manages web based content.
- Assists SHE in developing required fund raising tactics and strategies, including the preparation of grant proposals.
Trainer / Instructor:
- Instructs on and demonstrates benefits of solar cooking in various, often remote, locations worldwide.
- Relevant experience and familiarity with environmental issues is desirable.
- An interest and commitment to improving conditions through the promotion of solar cooking is the key requirement for any SHE volunteers.
For more information and to apply, email your resume, noting your skill area and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.