RPCVs receive one year of noncompetitive eligibility (NCE) hiring status upon successful completion of Peace Corps service. This eligibility enables U.S. federal government agencies to more easily hire RPCVs who meet the minimum qualifications of a given position. The resources below are provided to help RPCVs better understand and take advantage of this valuable benefit.
- NCE FAQs
- Explore these questions and answers for an in-depth look at NCE.
- NCE Explanation for Employers
- If you have NCE, attach this letter to your federal application to explain your special status to federal employers.
- Use your NCE to work with the Peace Corps
- Apply once for multiple Peace Corps jobs through Avuecentral.
Last updated Sep 09 2014