National Abortion Federation
Washington, District of Columbia
The National Abortion Federation (NAF), the leading pro-choice organization representing abortion providers and their patients, has an immediate full-time opening for the position of Medical Coordinator. The Medical Coordinator reports to the Medical Director and works closely with the membership and other departments to make the full range of NAF’s services and benefits available to the membership.
- Processes new member applications and schedules site visits.
- Coordinates site visit and conference planning with medical team, including travel arrangements.
- Tracks site visit responses and communicates with members about responses.
- Maintains Abortion Quality Indicator data and assists with research efforts.
- Maintains documents and data in member files.
- Responds to NAF member inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Updates the membership database and helps maintain member contact records.
- Maintains calendar, contacts, clinical templates, and other documents for medical departmental.
- Addresses QAI complaints received on NAF Hotline, in coordination with quality management clinician(s).
- Strong commitment to women’s right to choose abortion care.
- B.A./B.S. or greater.
- One-three years' experience with health care organizations, preferably in reproductive health.
- Strong computer and web skills with comfort using new software as needed.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and will be comfortable being the first point of contact for NAF’s members and potential members.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
For more information and to apply, mail your letter of interest, including salary history and requirements, and a resume to:
1660 L Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20036
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits. Office located in Washington, DC. NAF is an equal opportunity employer.
The National Abortion Federation is the professional association of abortion providers in North America. NAF is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to ensuring that abortion is safe, legal, and accessible. Our dynamic and innovative programs span a wide range of services designed to meet the unique needs of abortion providers and patients. Our members include clinics, hospitals, and physicians' offices, who together care for more than half the women who choose abortion each year in the United States, Canada, Mexico City, and Colombia.