Quality Assurance Clinician
National Abortion Federation
Washington, District of Columbia
- The position is based in Washington, D.C., but telecommuting will be considered. The position has the option for 80% or 90% FTE so that the QM Clinician can continue to see patients.
The National Abortion Federation (NAF) has an immediate full-time opening for the position of Quality Assurance Clinician. The primary responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Clinician include conducting site visits for NAF Members and participating in a range of Medical Department activities to further the mission of the organization. The QM Clinician reports to the Medical Director.
- Conducts approximately 40 annual quality site visits of member facilities throughout North America and prepares formal reports.
- Maintains consistency in site visit assessment and follow-up, providing members with clear evaluation and technical assistance.
- Helps maintain the abortion quality indicator database.
- Provides ongoing technical assistance for members.
- Assists in the preparation of NAF Clinical Bulletins and other documents relevant to clinical care.
- Provides support as needed to other NAF departments and NAF Hotline Fund, as well as input to the Board of Directors for quality assurance, clinical issues and related concerns impacting members.
- Assists as needed with clinical and quality assurance-related educational offerings at NAF and coalition partner meetings and seminars.
- Functions as a team member with the other clinicians in the Medical Department.
- Maintains familiarity with the clinical literature and evidence-based practices, with the goal of promoting the highest level of evidence-based patient-centered care.
- Demonstrated commitment to the right to choose abortion care and to ensuring access to high quality abortion care.
- Ability to work independently and travel extensively (50%).
- Licensed as a clinician (RN, NP, CNM, PA).
- Experienced in the direct provision of abortion care.
- Ability to effectively promote health care quality principles and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Based on qualifications and experience.
For more information and to apply mail your letter of interest, including salary history and requirements, and a resume to:
1660 L Street NW
Washington, DC, 20036
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package. The position is based in Washington, D.C., but telecommuting will be considered. The position has the option for 80% or 90% FTE so that the QM Clinician can continue to see patients. NAF is an equal opportunity employer.
The National Abortion Federation is the professional association of abortion providers in North America. NAF is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to ensuring that abortion is safe, legal, and accessible. Our dynamic and innovative programs span a wide range of services designed to meet the unique needs of abortion providers and patients. Our members include clinics, hospitals, and physicians' offices, who together care for more than half the women who choose abortion each year in the United States and Canada. Our members also include both private and public abortion providers in Mexico City and Colombia.