- Various Locations, New York
- Position Type
- Organization Type
- Government Agency/Public Sector
- Professional Level
- Non-Competitive Eligibility
- Advanced Degree Required
Site Manager – Student Surveys
Use your project management skills to end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a full-time Site Manager for our Student Surveys work, in collaboration with our Instructional Culture Insight team in the Emerging Services department. This position may be based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY, and is available immediately. Occasional travel is required.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national non-profit that has reimagined teaching. We believe great teaching is transformative and that teachers, more than any other factor in education, have the greatest impact on whether or not a student will succeed in school. We were founded by teachers and they are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to end educational inequality by providing excellent teachers to the students who need them most and by advancing policies and practices that ensure effective teaching happens in every classroom.
The Student Surveys and Instructional Culture Insight teams have developed powerful tools to help school leaders set their teachers and students up for success. We use validated student and teacher survey instruments in more than 15 cities to reach nearly 1,000 schools and use student and teacher feedback and data benchmarking on key areas of focus to create roadmaps for teachers and school leaders to improve their schools.
What You’ll Do
As a Site Manager, you will lead complex projects in partnership with school districts and charter networks in collecting, analyzing, and acting on feedback using student surveys. You will serve as a thought partner to our clients as they implement student surveys as part of teacher evaluation and development systems, and you will coordinate across various TNTP teams to help develop new services related to the student surveys work.
Specific responsibilities may include:
• Managing work plans across multiple projects and tracking progress toward goals
• Making strategic decisions regarding client management and support
• Curating and expanding support resources for clients to improve teacher practice based on student feedback
• Developing tools and resources in real time to respond to client needs
• Managing data analysis to help inform priorities and decision-making
• Cultivating strong relationships with internal and external partners
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Site Managers to:
• Connect the dots. You’ll use your analytical and problem solving skills to propose solutions to complex issues and work with the team to identify the best course of action for our work.
• Manage complex projects. You take personal responsibility and demonstrate ownership of your work, managing multiple responsibilities and prioritizing competing demands and timelines in a quickly changing environment.
• Sweat the details. You’ll use your strong organizational and project management skills to execute and move our work toward ambitious goals.
• Partner with education leaders. You’ll regularly interact with, and be expected to influence clients, motivating and guiding them to lead transformative change efforts.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Experience with basic data analysis and program evaluation; knowledge of the survey validation process is a plus
• Knowledge of how schools help teachers develop, including experience with instructional rubrics and the observation and feedback cycle
• Knowledge of research on teacher evaluation, including research from the MET Project and general information about student surveys (preferred)
• Sensitivity to varied political contexts and experience building relationships with stakeholders
• Flexibility in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment of rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines
• Strong customer-service orientation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• K-12 teaching experience, preferably in high-need schools (preferred)
Additional Application Materials:
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online at: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=THENEWTEACHERPROJECT&cws=1&rid=1723
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering 100% of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work each day. TNTP may also offer a relocation stipend to help defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible to be considered for this position. We will not consider applications without a cover letter tailored to this position, which can be addressed to the Human Capital department. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. At TNTP, we know that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Hiring process: http://tntp.org/join/hiring-process
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/join/life-at-tntp
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps' Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.