- Rwanda, Rwanda
- Position Type
- Organization Type
- Professional Level
- Non-Competitive Eligibility
- Advanced Degree Required
The goal of USAID Private Sector Driven Agricultural Growth Project (PSD-AG) is to increase smallholder incomes by promoting private sector investments– internationally and domestically - that contribute to the Government of Rwanda’s (GoR’s) Vision 2020 aim of “transforming agriculture into a market-oriented, competitive, and high value sector.” PSD-AG has two primary objectives:
1. Assist the GoR to Increase Private Sector Investment
2. Facilitate Increased Private Sector Investment in Upgrading Agricultural Value Chains
PSD-AG will support GoR agencies involved in investment promotion by facilitating the transition that the government envisions for itself - as demonstrated through government agency policies - from that of direct agriculture investor to a role of regulator and facilitator. PSD-AG will also build private sector capacity and facilitate expanded investments for existing and new private sector entities. PSD-AG envisions creating a virtuous feedback loop where a robust private sector is investing in markets and producers for continual upgrading, while the government is creating the enabling environment for this upgrading to occur.
The Embedded Advisor will support the Senior Policy and Institutional Development Specialist to work on Objective One of the PSD-AG project at the Rwanda Development Board (RDB). The Embedded Advisor would coordinate the establishment of a comprehensive GoR inter-agency investment framework for increasing private sector investment. This position will also be expected to include a number of systemic and/or cross cutting issues that are critical to achieving Objective One, including gender-equitable solutions to improved productivity and competitiveness, integration of youth and sustainable natural resource management that supports productivity improvements.
• Support the establishment and implementation of a comprehensive investment framework for private-sector investment.
• Help identify and define the roles and responsibilities of RDB to implement the investment framework.
• Support project’s efforts to strengthen capacity of RDB to carry out role and responsibilities with respect to the investment framework.
• Assist in enhancing the ability of the RDB and business to productively engage each other in policy dialogue.
• Contribute to improving the enabling environment for local and regional private sector investment.
• Contribute to mentoring and capacity building for RDB and other selected government agencies assigned to attract investment in the Rwanda agricultural sector.
• Contribute to mentoring and capacity building for RDB and other selected government agencies to find buyers for agricultural products that are or can be produced competitively in Rwanda.
• Provide dynamic leadership, long-term strategic vision, and mentorship to the team using the highest standard of personal intelligence, transparency and accountability.
• Strategically identify, evaluate and seek opportunities to collaborate with in-country partners as well as funding sources to expand programmatic objectives;
• Successfully represent the project’s best interests to government officials, partners and USAID in Rwanda.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Quantitative Social Science or other relevant degree is required, Master’s Degree preferred.
• 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of trade, investment framework development is highly desirable.
• Working experience with RDB as well as with private sector advocacy organization is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in policy reform process facilitation, public-private dialogue and institutions coalition building in rural economies is desirable.
• Working experience on policy research and policy advocacy coordination and support to both public and private business and related civil society organizations is desirable.
• Working experience and familiarity with agricultural development and policy issues in the African context, agriculture sector strategies and investment plans is desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English is required.
Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking an Embedded Advisor in Rwanda Development Board (RDB) for the USAID Private Sector Driven Agricultural Growth Project (PSD-AG) in Rwanda.
Additional Application Materials:
To apply to this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagents.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps' Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.