Crown Agents USA, Inc.
August 12, 2014
- Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Russian Interpreter for a short term consultancy on the USAID Turkmenistan Agriculture Technology Program in Davis, California.
The Agriculture Technology Program for Turkmenistan (AgTech) is a 4-year, economic growth project, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Weidemann Associates, a Crown Agents USA, Inc. company The project provides support to farmers, veterinarians, agribusiness processors and input suppliers in Mary, Akhal, Lebap and Dashoguz provinces by increasing access to needed training and equipment and strengthening market linkages in the horticulture and dairy value chains. Specifically, the project has two key components; the improvement of genetics, education and organization for private livestock producers, and the introduction of successful agribusiness practices which are adopted by private farmers and processors. Through implementation, the project aims to fulfill the following three objectives:
- Increase household incomes of producers who are direct beneficiaries by 50%
- Increase yields for crops and livestock produced by private farms by 300%
- Increase area under cultivation for crops other than wheat and cotton by 50%
Roles & Responsibilities
- Takes responsibility for providing Russian interpretation services on a local dairy farm in Davis, California to two Master Trainers while they receive instruction on heat detection, herd management and how to increase their pregnancy detection skills, while observing best farm management practices on a daily basis.
- The Master Trainers have little to no experience in the English language, requiring the Interpreter to be present at all times during the training.
- The Interpreter may be required to accompany the Master Trainers outside of the farm as needed.
- The Interpreter will need to be comfortable in a farm setting with livestock and should plan attire appropriately.
- A list of necessary Russian vocabulary will be provided along with protective cover and gear.
- Consultant may be responsible for other duties as appropriate to the position and as assigned.
Costs of lodging for duration of assignment and costs of transport to and from post are the sole responsibility of the consultant and will not be reimbursed.
- Verbal and written fluency or proficiency in Russian and English languages is required.
- Interpretation experience preferred.
- High school diploma required, college experience preferred.
- Veterinary or medical background preferred but not required.
- Consistent availability between August 15th and September 20th.
For more information and to apply, email your CV to email@example.com. Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please.
Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.