WNEP Nutrition Educator (100%) - Brown County
University of Wisconsin - Extension
August 8, 2014
Green Bay , Wisconsin
Brown County Extension Office
1150 Bellevue Street
Green Bay, WI 54302
The Brown County Nutrition Education Program is a major effort within Cooperative Extension’s Family Living Programs. The aim of Family Living Programs is to enhance the quality of family and community decisions that affect the family and to increase the families’ abilities to adapt to and effect change. Within this broader aim, the purpose of this position is:
- Functions as a peer educator to provide education related to basic nutrition, regular low impact physical activity, food safety, and food budgeting for individuals and families living on limited economic resources. For additional information about the usual work duties of WNEP Nutrition Educators please refer to: http://www.uwex.edu/ces/wnep/files/Nutr_Educator_work_description.pdf.
TO BE CONSIDERED ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to teach interactive lessons offered as a peer for low income residents of the counties.
- Ability to teach children in group settings.
- Work, volunteer or life experience with limited income individuals or groups.
- Experience working effectively as a member of a work group or committee.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively interact with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity.
For more information and to apply, submit your application materials in PDF format (preferred) to Cooperative Extension Human Resource Development Office online using Candidate Gateway, web URLs provided below. Any documents, other than those requested, will be deleted from your application. Application materials that do not comply with these instructions are incomplete and will not be considered. When prompted for your resume, please upload your cover letter.
a. Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link: https://helpdesk.wisc.edu/images/group61/21900/TAMFAQ_CandidateGateway.pdf
b. Once you are in the Candidate Gateway, please make sure to click on the Advanced Search link and enter 9856 into the Job Opening ID field.
c. If you are applying as an applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?SiteId=31&
d. A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: