Secondary Classroom Teacher - EDL
Chula Vista, California
MAAC is a multi-purpose nonprofit organization with a successful history of providing empowering social services and advocating on behalf of low and moderate income individuals and families throughout San Diego County since 1965. MAAC has program sites located as far south as San Ysidro and as far north as Camp Pendleton, serving approximately 35,000 individuals per year.
MAAC has emerged from a period of significant growth in its programs, budget and staff. The organization now has an annual budget in excess of $43 million and employs approximately 500 full time staff members.
MAAC’s President/CEO, Arnulfo Manriquez, has developed a cohesive management team that is working together toward established strategic goals. One of his key initiatives is integrating all practices, programs and systems into a strong, comprehensive structure that serves to support and advance MAAC’s mission.
MAAC’s programs are in organized in four pillars areas: Education, Health & Wellness, Career Pathways and Affordable Housing. Included among the many programs and services now offered are Child Development Programs (Head Start/Early Head Start/State Preschool/QPI); a WASC-accredited charter high school; community, economic and workforce development programs; an AmeriCorps program; household weatherization and energy assistance programs; two recovery homes; a Driving Under the Influence program, and several award-winning affordable housing communities. For more information, visit www.maacproject.org.
MAAC is well on the road to creating a culture of excellence in service and becoming an Employer of Choice. We are seeking diverse colleagues with exceptional talent, skills, drive, compassion and commitment to join us on our journey.
- Under supervision, the Secondary Classroom Teacher utilizes appropriate instructional skills and differentiated strategies and provides students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth; enables students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society; performs related duties as assigned.
- Takes responsibility for providing instruction in one or more of the following areas of study: Spanish (all levels, including for Native Speakers) and ELD.
- Participates in developing course curriculum, lesson plans, and instructional aides.
- Provides instruction to students.
- Maintains a safe and orderly classroom environment.
- Assesses and evaluates student accomplishments.
- Maintains required student records and files.
- Communicates with faculty, students and parents regarding student progress.
Secondary Classroom Teacher is distinguished in that incumbent provide instruction on core instructional areas required for graduation and must possess a Single Subject Teaching credential as required by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and have CLAD or BCLAD certification.
- B.A./B.S. in Education, physical science (physics, chemistry) and/or life science, or related field.
- Completion of a single subject teacher preparation program including successful student teaching.
- A preliminary five-year single subject teaching credential or a professional clear credential (preferred) through CCTC in English/ELD and Spanish.
- Three years' progressively responsible teaching experience in a high school or middle school, preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- BCLAD or CLAD authorization.
Depends on experience.
For more information and to apply, visit www.maacproject.org and download an application and send the completed application with your resume and transcripts via email to MAACHRrecruiter@maacproject.org. You may also fax your documentation to 619.426.3443.