One Hen, Inc.
About One Hen, Inc.
One Hen, Inc.’s mission is to empower all kids to become social entrepreneurs, who make a difference for themselves and the world.
One Hen is a nonprofit organization that helps youth develop skills to succeed in school and life through compelling programming that use stories, interactive media and hands-on learning to inspire them to four values: financial responsibility, personal initiative, global awareness and philanthropy.
The program uses experiential education to teach youth the basics of business and money management. Students receive small loans to start simple businesses and use their profits to help solve social issues. Our programs equip youth with the basic financial literacy they need to develop sound economic skills and values.
To learn more, visit www.onehen.org.
Do you thrive on multitasking? Can you manage varied partnerships, enjoy both program support as well as sales/marketing, feel at ease in the front of a classroom? Do you appreciate the importance of data collection and outcomes measurement? Is your communication style clear and are your project management skills reliable? Do you have both international and domestic experience in the field of education?
One Hen is looking for an experienced professional to join our team as we expand our educational programs with students in the US and abroad. As Program Manager you will be positioned to make immediate impact as a key manager of One Hen's national expansion through schools, after school and summer programs and with international partners. The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and to the Director of International Programs and works closely with the entire team.
Develop and Implement Quality Programming
Domestic (~75% time)
- Provides training, classroom support, and materials to educators to ensure high quality, consistent program delivery.
- Coordinates program assessment and impact tracking and use data to identify and implement program interventions
- Continually updates training and resource materials to be used in a variety of settings (in-person, online, train-the-trainer, etc.)
International (~25% time)
- Coordinates program assessment and impact tracking and uses data to identify and implement program interventions.
- Manages feedback of mobile app from field partners.
- Supports the development of training and program materials.
Maintain and Build Program Partnerships
- Builds new partnerships with networks that engage youth, both domestically and internationally.
- Provides ongoing communication with educators, school, and non-profit leadership as well as external stakeholders to review program progress and evaluation.
Refine and update curriculum content
- Oversees ongoing curriculum review.
- Ensures curricular products are consistently aligned with program goals as well as with broader educational trends.
- Manages the revision and modification of curriculum to meet the needs of domestic and international program partners.
- Reports program evaluation outcomes and impact assessments to be shared with funding partners.
- Identifies and creates opportunities for funding partners to become engaged with One Hen, students and educators.
- Provides oversight and direction for select One Hen interns and fellows.
- Manages volunteer activities and supports annual development events.
- Maintains and populates database regularly.
- Provides content for newsletters and other organizational communication collateral.
- Supports One Hen website with text, content, and updates.
- At least five years' demonstrated experience in non-profit, social service, or educational settings.
- B.A./B.S. required; Master’s degree a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working abroad in developing country contexts.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral, and computer skills.
- Experience in curriculum development and/or classroom teaching preferred.
- Experience with sales, marketing, and/or communication a plus.
- Experience with international educational technology a plus.
- Strong project management experience demonstrated.
- Strong time management skills and organizational skills.
- Unwavering commitment to social entrepreneurship and making a difference.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of a diverse group of at-risk youth as well as the educators that work with them.
- Interest in working collaboratively with an energized, committed and creative team paired with ability to focus and work independently to get the job done.
- Persuasive and passionate communicator.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet aggressive, yet realistic deadlines.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative.
- Benefits include health and dental insurance, vacation days and holidays.
- Must be able to work from a home office and have transportation for site visits and meetings in Boston and the suburbs.
- Ability to work periodic evenings and/or weekends.
- Ability to travel domestically and abroad several times a year.
For more information and to apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your letter should highlight your vision to impact youth through this position and how your experiences equip you to succeed in this role.
One Hen is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.