Communications and External Outreach Intern
August 18, 2014
Washington, District of Columbia
Oikocredit USA seeks a candidate with superior writing skills, an interest in public relations, and a passion for international development and social investment to fill our Communications & External Outreach Internship. This position is ideal for a student of Communications interested in contributing actively to the creative and strategic development of a small non-profit’s marketing and communications campaign. This candidate will work with Oikocredit USA’s staff to collaborate and contribute to an ongoing creative process, provide feedback, and contribute to the development of new strategies and materials.
The internship is unpaid with a weekly part-time schedule. The intern will receive reimbursements for travel expenses related to the internship.
Key Responsibilities may include:
Communications & Outreach
- Drafts investor communication, such as invitations to webinars and events.
- Writes content for blog, e-newsletter, other media outreach and investor collateral relevant to the microfinance/social performance/international development field.
- Researches key events and developments in microfinance, international development, and other issues relevant to the organization to assist in development of investor collateral.
- Contributes to staff briefings and training docs on relevant issues.
- Creativity encouraged! Video editing, Photoshop, etc. skills a plus.
- Superior writing ability and independent research skills.
- Coursework or direct work experience in creating marketing or outreach materials preferred.
- Creativity and comfort in an innovative role desired.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Prior understanding of microfinance preferred; however, we are willing to teach interns about microfinance if they can express their desire to enter this field.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Computer literacy necessary, some experience in web content management preferred. Fluency in Excel a plus. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (CS6) preferred.
For more information and to apply, email your resume, cover letter, and brief writing sample to Oikocredit USA at email@example.com with the Subject: "Communications & External Outreach Intern."
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed, and only applications submitted by email will be considered. In your cover letter, be sure to tell us why you're interested in the position and what qualifies you for the position.