August 18, 2014
Washington, District of Columbia
Oikocredit USA seeks a dynamic and self-driven research specialist with a background in marketing to help us develop and implement a strategy for reaching potential investors and potential future investors in their 20s.
Oikocredit USA has an investor base that provides $33 million to Oikocredit International for socially responsible investing in the developing world. Our investor base is aging and we are interested in developing a strategy to reach younger investors and potential investors.
- Researches what characteristics are indicative of future investors in general and future investors in socially responsible investments. This project would begin with a self-directed literature review using marketing industry publications and additional research methods could be used as the Marketing Strategist felt appropriate.
- Researches the effectiveness, with target demographic, of brand awareness and other marketing strategies and means (e.g. articles, events). This project would also begin with a self-directed literature review using marketing industry publications and additional research methods could be used as the Marketing Strategist felt appropriate.
- Develops a communications plan to reach potential investors in the target demographic and, if time permits, work with Communications Intern to implement the plan.
- Evaluates possible effectiveness of current investors communicating with younger potential investors.
- Superior independent research skills; MBA student preferred, experience conducting literature reviews required.
- Coursework or direct work experience in marketing or market research.
- Creativity and comfort in an innovative role desired.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Prior understanding of microfinance preferred; however, we are willing to teach interns about microfinance if they can express their desire to enter this field.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
For more information and to apply, email your resume, cover letter, and, if possible, sample of a research-based report to firstname.lastname@example.org.