Teach in Haiti
The Haitian Project, Inc.
- Volunteers live in community on the campus of Louverture Cleary School.
The role of Volunteers at Louverture Cleary School (LCS) is broad and affects many areas of community life. The life of a Volunteer is rooted in the school's motto, "What you receive for free, you must give for free." -Mt 10:8
The presence of the Volunteers gives witness to the philosophy of sacrifice for the sake of others that is so important to the LCS community.
- Live at the school, allowing them to spend an incredible amount of time with the students.
Primary responsibilities are in the classroom.
- Teach classes ranging from language and religion to laboratory science and computers.
- Teach physical education, lead extracurricular activities, and monitor four evening study hours per week.
- Time spent with students outside the classroom provides LCS students, who live away from their families during the week, sources of stable adult interaction.
- Each volunteer has personal responsibilities in different areas of the school: language program or other curriculum, work projects, community service programs, etc.
EMPOWERMENT OF FEMALE STUDENTS:
- Lead the students, both in empowerment groups to encourage strength in and outside the classroom, and in daily example.
- Assist in raising funds necessary for their support in Haiti. The support raised helps cover the expense of Volunteers’ service and raises awareness about the Project and its work in Haiti.
- Commitment to Catholic Social Teaching.
Full-time; Internationally based
$200/month stipend + room and board.
For more information and to apply, email your resume and transcripts to Kaitlyn Guzik, Director of Community Development & Volunteers at email@example.com; phone: 401.351.3624 with questions.
Submission of resume and transcripts is required.