Logistics Unit Director - Nouabale Ndoki National Park
Wildlife Conservation Society
September 30, 2014
Park headquarters, Bomassa, Congo
Summary of Position Function
The Logistics Unit Director, Nouable Ndoki National Park, will report to the Nouabale Ndoki National Park Director. The primary objective is to establish and oversee efficient systems for the Nouabale Ndoki National Park (NNNP). S/he will maintain appropriate communication with NNNP Sector Managers, WCS Congo staff and associates. S/he will be responsible for all matters related to logistics and the basic operations of the National Park in relation to: procurement, transport and vehicle maintenance, asset management, compound maintenance, warehousing / stock control, and the distribution of goods. He/she will monitor and oversee the operations of the Park to ensure that systems are being correctly implemented and comply with WCS and donor standards.
The Logistics Unit Director is based in the field, living permanently on-site at the park headquarters, Bomassa.
- Provides overall supervision of the Logistics unit and staff.
- Ensures efficiency in all aspects of operations, advising the NNNP Director of any problems or weakness in procedures.
- Oversees supply chain management including all food, field equipment, expendable supplies and fuel.
- In collaboration with the NNNP Director and the relevant responsible, prepares quarterly procurement planning for: foods- office supplies – furniture and equipment – maintenance.
- Coordinates transport of all staff and associates.
- Oversees vehicle fleet management and maintenance of all major equipment.
- Ensures communications systems (phone, radio, internet) are operational and adhere to procedures.
- Assists with coordination of on-site meetings and workshops.
- Oversees management of Park Headquarters office and facilities, including lease arrangements and payment of rent, property insurance, procurement of office supplies, furniture and equipment, security arrangements, and supervision of maintenance and cleaning.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies are procured according to project needs and budget, and that supplies and equipment are inventoried, issued and used in accordance with established procedures.
- Oversees management of the park vehicle fleet (registration, insurance, repairs and maintenance, and trip scheduling); ensures that vehicles are used according to WCS’s vehicle regulations and that fuel use is properly monitored.
- Implements digital inventory system and for monitoring equipment.
- Works with Finance and Administration Unit Director to oversee service providers (i.e. construction, maintenance etc.).
- Maintains efficient power supply and ensures all utilities are operational.
- Performs other related duties for the NNNP as requested by the supervisor.
- Extensive professional experience with logistical systems, procurement, contracting construction in Africa, and/or other remote regions.
- Proven ability to work with national and local organizations.
- Experience working in a developing country setting.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. English & French required.
- Effective “roll up the sleeves” work ethic, with attention to detail.
- Proven managerial skill and ability to work in a team setting within an organization.
Full-time; Internationally based
For more information and to apply, email your CV and cover letter to the WCS Africa Program at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com. Include contact information for three references and specify whether we may contact each of these or whether this should await your approval.