Contact Representative (Teleservice)
U.S. Social Security Administration
August 15, 2014
Los Angeles, California
The position location will be in downtown Los Angeles.
Are you interested in working for U.S. Social Security Administration? We are looking for someone to provide excellent customer service through our national phone network to assist callers with Social Security questions. We offer a flexible schedule with excellent federal benefits. We are one of the largest federal agency with over 60,000 employees with lots of promotional opportunities.
Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Provides telephone assistance to the public on a wide variety of subjects relating to Social Security programs.
- Interviews beneficiaries and the general public to determine the nature of their problem.
- Analyzes and investigates situations to secure facts and reconcile discrepancies.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must exercise good judgment.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer equipment and software including Microsoft Office.
GS-5/6/7: 1 year of specialized experience; OR,
- GS-5: 4 years of college leading to a Bachelor’s degree OR a Bachelor’s degree OR combination of experience & education;
- GS-6: half year of graduate education;
- GS-7: 1 year of related graduate level education.
Note: Graduate education must be in a field that is directly related to the position.
$35,230 - $62,830 per year
To apply, please send a resume and short cover letter to Paul Chan, Deputy Manager at email@example.com with the subject line: “Peace Corps Volunteer Employment Consideration”.