Benefits of Master's International
MI partner schools offer students an opportunity to participate in a low-cost, professionally relevant field experience in an international setting. MI is a useful recruitment tool for universities seeking creative ways to boost admissions within specific programs. MI campus coordinators at participating graduate schools attest that their programs consistently attract motivated, ambitious students. On some campuses, MI provides an effective response to an institution's globalization, internationalization, and service learning priorities.
Faculty and students at participating universities can benefit as well. The MI student in the field is an incredible resource for practical information and applied ideas. Upon their return, MI students have two years of international experience to draw upon and two years of stories to tell. Through their work with MI students, faculty advisors may expand their own knowledge of, or experience in, overseas environments. Returned MI students may plan events or write articles that convey their knowledge to prospective students and encourage continuing interest in the program.
MI students receive the following educational, career, and financial benefits from the Peace Corps:
- Language, cross-cultural, and technical training
- Transportation costs to and from the country of service
- Living and housing expenses during overseas service
- Medical and dental coverage
- Vacation time and allowance
- Opportunities for travel within the country or region of service
- Cancellation or deferment of certain government education loans
- Readjustment allowance upon completion of service
- Career counseling and job search facilities available to returned Peace Corps Volunteers
Last updated May 17 2013
Peace Corps Catalog
Learn all about Peace Corps service and see if it's a good fit for you in this 44-page PDF (5mb).
Request More Information
Sign up to receive news and updates for prospective Volunteers.
Graduate Programs Webinar
Learn more about our Coverdell Fellows and Master's International programs.
Contact Master's International
For more information contact:
Paul D. Coverdell Peace Corps Headquarters
1111 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20526
Phone: 855.855.1961, ext. 1812
Find Local Events
Peace Corps recruiters appear at information sessions, campus and community events, and career fairs. Pick a state and find a Peace Corps event near you.