What Are the Benefits?
Peace Corps is a life-defining leadership experience you will draw upon throughout your life. The most significant accomplishment will be the contribution you make to improve the lives of others. There are also tangible benefits, including the following Peace Corps provisions:
- Student loan assistance
- A "readjustment" allowance of $7,425 (pre-tax) upon completion of service
- Language, cross-cultural, and technical training
- Travel to and from country of service
- A monthly living and housing allowance
- Full medical and dental coverage
- 48 paid vacation days
- Unique graduate school opportunities
- Leave for family emergencies
- Transition and job support and social networking after service
- Advantages in federal employment
- Opportunities for short-term assignments through Peace Corps Response
- No fee to participate
- Financial Benefits and Loan Deferment
- Professional and Career Benefits
- Educational Benefits
- Peace Corps or graduate school? Two unique programs offer the best of both worlds.
- Medical Benefits
Last updated May 17 2013
Find Local Events
Peace Corps recruiters appear at information sessions, campus and community events, and career fairs. Pick a state and find a Peace Corps event near you.