Open Government Initiative
Research and Evaluation
The Peace Corps is committed to truly becoming a learning organization, one in which Peace Corps Volunteers, host country partners, and staff can learn new ways to increase their effectiveness. Evaluation is a key tool in this process to support evidenced-based decision-making and wise stewardship of the agency's resources. The regular and systematic use of evaluations demonstrates the degree to which the Peace Corps is achieving its Strategic Goals. The use of evaluation findings allows the Peace Corps to understand its contributions to both the development goals of its partners and to building mutual cultural understanding.
Over the last four years, Peace Corps has conducted a series of Host Country Impact Studies that contribute to Peace Corps' ability to measure the impact of its Volunteers. The studies are unique in that they focus on learning about the Volunteers' impact from the host country nationals who lived and worked with the Volunteers. The in-country field work is conducted by local research teams. The studies demonstrate the Volunteers' ability to build local capacity and illustrate the transformation in host country nationals' understanding of Americans after working with a Volunteer. The reports and summary information sheets for each study are posted below.
- Armenia (PDF) / Armenia Summary (PDF)
- Bulgaria (PDF) / Bulgaria Summary (PDF)
- Burkina Faso (PDF) / Burkina Faso Summary (PDF)
- Cameroon (PDF) / Cameroon Summary (PDF)
- Cape Verde (PDF) / Cape Verde Summary (PDF)
- Dominican Republic (PDF) / Dominican Republic Summary (PDF)
- El Salvador (PDF) / El Salvador Summary (PDF)
- Fiji (PDF) / Fiji Summary (PDF)
- Ghana (PDF) / Ghana Summary (PDF)
- Guatemala (PDF) / Guatemala Summary (PDF)
- Jamaica (PDF) / Jamaica Summary (PDF)
- Mali (PDF) / Mali Summary (PDF)
- Mexico (PDF) / Mexico Summary (PDF)
- Morocco (PDF) / Morocco Summary (PDF)
- Nicaragua (PDF) / Nicaragua Summary (PDF)
- Paraguay (PDF) / Paraguay Summary (PDF)
- Peru (PDF) / Peru Summary (PDF)
- Philippines (PDF) / Philippines Summary (PDF)
- Romania (PDF) / Romania Summary (PDF)
- Tanzania (PDF) / Tanzania Summary (PDF)
Thailand – Community Based Organizational Development (PDF) /
Thailand – Community Based Organizational Development Summary (PDF)
Thailand – Teacher Collaboration and Community Outreach (PDF) /
Thailand – Teacher Collaboration and Community Outreach Summary (PDF)
- Togo (PDF) / Togo Summary (PDF)
- Ukraine (PDF) / Ukraine Summary (PDF)
- The Impact of Peace Corps Service on Host Communities and Host Country Perceptions of Americans (PDF)
Last updated Nov 20 2013
Fast Facts on Paper
Download the Peace Corps Fact Sheet for easy printing.
Fact Sheet (PDF)
This files is in PDF format and require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Contact the Peace Corps
Paul D. Coverdell Peace Corps Headquarters
1111 20th Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20526
Share Your Ideas
Got an idea on how to make Peace Corps more open and transparent?
We want to hear it!
Share your service experience through photos and videos.